- To Understand the Self : To make a wise career choice, one should know the interests, aptitude, abilities, skills, health conditions, personality and priorities of the person.
- To obtain information about various occupations.
- Short list some occupations (3-4) which suit the person.
- Thorough analysis of each of the selected occupations : To this end one may collect information about the following :
- Nature of work.
- Work Environment.
- Qualification and Physical requirements.
- Method of entry.
- Advancements or promotion prospects.
- Economic Returns.
- Advantages and Disadvantages.
6. Select the most suitable occupation.
7. Work towards achievement of your goal of entering into the occupation.